Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Now I'm not a racist, but...

When someone prefaces a statement with "Now I'm not a racist, but," it means they're about to knowingly tell me something racist.  Similarly, when someone starts with "Now I'm a hunter and a second amendment supporter, but," I know they're going to make an anti-gun argument. 

And when someone follows that with "but I can't imagine any reason why a civilian should have a high capacity ammunition magazine [or clip/bullet clip/high volume bullet clip/extended cartridge magazine clip]," I just tell them their lack of imagination is not a reason to restrict my right to self defense. 

The controversy over high volume extended cartridge ammunition magazine bullet clips will go away soon enough.  I try not to get too fired up by it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment